8.25.2010

zebras and crocs and crickets... oh yum

Tonight I was lucky enough to enjoy a truly adventurous culinary experience with AE and EH at Archipelago. Check out their menu to see some of the exotic creations they offer diners. Our table was graced with zebra, kangaroo, crocodile, the "love bug" salad (crickets, etc) and last but definitely not least, a scorpion (covered in chocolate of course).

I am proud to admit I tried everything we ordered and enjoyed every single bite, including the potentially dangerous bites of scorpion. Apparently if you do not chew it thoroughly enough the sharp shards of scorpion body can slice the back of your throat. Mmmmm....crunchy and delicious!

The zebra is comparable to a good thin piece of steak. The kangaroo was amazingly soft and chewy but in a good way. The crocodile was delicious as well. Thankfully I chewed my scorpion intensely enough and my throat is still in tact. Definitely going back here if I can!

chocolate covered scorpion
love bug salad