11.17.2010

the so-called "little things"

she had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes
and I knew without askin' she was into the blues
she wore scarlet begonias tucked into her curls,
I knew right away she was not like other girls, other girls

grateful dead


despite a minor breakdown at work this afternoon, today was an all around good day. it was not quite as hot as yesterday (75 in November?) and although I didn't get to spend an hour lunch in the sunshine today, I still enjoyed a couple minutes of vitamin D. 

we celebrated the birth of little CE at butterfly, then on the roof, then with cupcakes, then with wine and some groovy tunes. things we learned tonight: we must take advantage of the roof more, pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are to die for, 'juicy' is the best biggie song (and you can't like biggie and tupac), etc.

i also can't stop thinking how thankful i am for my friends. which has got me thinking about all the things i'm thankful for. and that its almost thanksgiving. which subsequently means it's kind of sort of almost christmas. 
♥ happy birthday CE, CS you're next!